Why don’t kittens like to go to the mall? Because they prefer cat-ologues. Why don’t people like to go to the mall? Because we prefer the internet. Our preferences around HOW to shop on the internet have changed, too. Last year, 16.1% of e-commerce sales were assisted by Google Shopping ads – up a whopping 78% from 2015. If […]
This article has been redone for the updated interface of Facebook in 2020.
Sometimes all we need is just a quick start guide to manage facebook ads for anything. And with that in mind here i present a facebook ads guide to create & manage facebook ads. This guide is mostly beneficial for someone who has no knowledge of Facebook ads account.
This guide will be based upon a fairly new Facebook Ads account so you can follow the steps from scratch. So if you're just barely brand new getting started,I'll show you how to use facebook pixel, how to actually get that set up on your website, how to create facebook audiences & more, literally everything A to Z for a beginner. So you can start running some successful Facebook Ads and generate leads make sales, whatever your goal is with your business.
So with that said, I know you just want to get down to it. So let's jump into this enough of the intro and I want to show, exactly how to get all this setup inside of the Facebook Ads manager.
Facebook Ads Guide for a quick start
We will now go in quick brief to getting started with advertising your business on Facebook.
Step 1 – Create a Facebook Account if not already have one.
Skip if you already have an account, if not then Visit to Facebook main page and create an account there. This account will let you create ads and let’s you manage your ads & business on Facebook.
Step 2 – Create a Basic Facebook Business Page if not already have one.
Skip if you already have an account, if not then Visit to Facebook.com and select + button on top right and select Page . This will let you create a page for your business, set it however you want and come back to step 4 once you have setup the page, for beginners to setup page go down to step 3.
Step 3 - Preparing Your Facebook Business Page
Now that you have created your business page then make sure to give some time to correctly setting up your page.
- Properly Give a Correct Name to your page, this will not be easy to change in future.
- Select Category of your page related to your business.
- Provide a quick description for your customers/users letting them know what this page is about and how it represents your business.
- Once done select create page option , this will create your page with the name selected on 1st step.
- Now onward to next step below
- When your page is created you will see that few options are now available to update your profile
- upload profile photo, generally your logo for business
- then upload cover photo, take time to make these as these show credibility.
- Then click save.
- Now when you head over to edit age info you will see the screen like above.
- Fill out all the required details there.
- If you want you can also go down to Page Settings, that option is just under the Edit Page Info on left panel.
Now you can make a post to start engaging with community.
Step 4 - Create Facebook Business Manager Account
Now you might be wondering how to set up facebook business manager, worry not just follow the steps below.
Start by going to this link here https://business.facebook.com/create/
you can create a new business from this page which will let you manage your business on facebook & also manage facebook ads.
Enter the Required Details and Continue to Next Step.
Set up Facebook Pixel
Now you might be wondering how to use facebook pixel? Well follow our easy steps which are laid out to you below.
- Once a business is created go to business manager, direct link is this https://business.facebook.com
- After that select hamburger on top left as in screenshot above
- Then select Events Manager option or visit direct through this link https://business.facebook.com/events_manager/
- Once done, hover to left panel and select “Connect Data Sources” in Green color as shown in below image.
- Select Web option since we want to create facebook pixel for website.
- then select get started.
On the next step you will have to select Facebook Pixel option since that’s what we want, then proceed to connect.
After that a new window will popup where you will have to name your pixel, mostly the pixel is named after their respective domain names but you can name it whatever you like. Also insert your domain name as it will ease the integration for Facebook pixel with your platform as it will reduce a few steps.
Once you add details then next option will be to install Facebook pixel to your website, using a partner integration is recommended since this will guide you to install pixel on your website.
You can use Facebook pixel for WordPress using the plugin given by Facebook or through plugin repository, search "Facebook Pixel" and insert connect Facebook pixel.
And if your cms is shopify then it's easy to integrate facebook pixel to shopify, just copy the pixel id and navigate to shopify theme settings and find the facebook pixel field and paste the code there and save.
And then follow the steps provided by Facebook to complete the integration.
Step 5 – Creating Facebook Ad Account
- Toggle the Hamburger on top left.
- Open the Drop-down on Accounts
- Select the option “Ad Accounts”
- On main screen select the Add option as shown in image above
- Select Add an Ad Account, this will create an ad account for you fill all required details.
Step 6 – Create a Facebook Ad Campaign
- Select the option on top left.
- Select Ads manager as shown above or proceed with direct link: https://business.facebook.com/adsmanager/
Once you open facebook ads manager you will see something like this in your screen, this is the main dashboard that you will be working on mostly to run ads through Facebook for your business.
Our Main goal here is to get conversions through ads, so select conversions as the objective of this campaign and continue to next step.
- Fill out your campaign name which you can remember
- Click Continue
- We are now on a Sub level of campaign where we can define multiple ads and for the same campaign we can do split testing of different variety here, such as testing of different creatives
- Give a Name to this Ad-set
- Select your pixel which we created earlier
- Select event to purchase as we are optimizing ads for conversion.
- Now onward to next stage.
- We have now arrived at 3rd level of campaign where we create our ad.
- Let’s start by giving our ad a name in 1st step as shown in image above.
- Select the Facebook page which we created earlier or your business page.
- Under Ad Setup Section select your desired ad format which you would like to use, find out what looks and works best for you.by choosing different options.
- Now fill out the website URL or product URL which you are promoting through Facebook.
- Make sure call to action matches to what you are selling.
That’s it, now hit publish and wait for Facebook to approve your ad. Always make sure that your facebook ad is adhering to the facebook guidelines
You can follow this link to understand better about the ads policy. https://business.facebook.com/policies/ads